Responsibilities of the SCU
1) Outlining and planning the general policies and guidelines for higher education and scientific research in universities, with a strong commitment to realize the State’s needs and to meet its national, social, economic, and scientific purposes.
2) Facilitating, through coordination, the educational processes, exams, and academic degrees in universities.
3) Coordinating among faculties& institutes and corresponding departments in universities.
4) Designation and creation of different professorships specializations.
5) Coordinating among the academic staff through promotion system.
6) Organizing students' admission policy in universities and determining their annual number.
7) Outlining the technical, financial, and administrative regulations related to the Special Research Units in the universities.
8) Setting down the executive bylaws of universities and the internal regulations of faculties and institutes.
9) Setting down the system related to the university performance assessment and improvement.